The best essential oils for hair growth & health are trending everywhere, the use of Argan Oil for hair holds a special place as the oil can be used for multiple purposes.
In 2021, the complete list of argan oil for hair benefits has been established by the experts that will help the user understand how to use Argan Oil for hair loss and argan oil for hair straightening.
Table of Contents
What is Argan Oil?
Argan Oil is obtained from Argan Tree, derived from its kernels. Argan Oil is a common utility in the kitchen that can also be used for cosmetic purposes.
For beauty and hair straightening purposes, pure argan oil works its magic, along with that Argan Oil is used on skin, nails, and hair to provide the proper hydration and nutrition.
The use of Argan Oil for hair loss has not been validated much by the studies, however, different people around the world suggest the best argan oil for hair which may not be particularly for the hair loss problem.
Argan Oil for Hair Benefits
The secret behind Argan Oil’s effectiveness on hair is the abundance of fatty acids and Vitamin E which is a popular antioxidant. Vitamin E in lab testing shows remarkable benefits for the scalp and hair.
The collective use of Argan Oil for hair provide the utmost protection against hair loss.
Some argan oil for hair benefits is listed below.
Argan Oil for Hair Moisturizing and Conditioning
Argan Oil works best as a skin and hair moisturizer because of loads of fatty acids in it. These are mainly oleic acid and linoleic acid that improves the lubrication at the hair shaft, hence promoting its health by maintaining moisture.
The role of Vitamin E in Argan Oil is that it forms a protective layer on the hair and scalp which protects them against dryness and fizziness. This brings an ultimate shine to the hair.
Argan Oil for Scalp Health
Argan Oil has some anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds which make it good for the skin. The skin of the scalp is different than other skin, it gets dry very often and this may lead to hair loss.
Argan Oil is the best treatment for the conditions that affect the scalp and cause severe hair loss i.e Psoriasis, Seborrheic dermatitis.
According to several studies, turns out Argan Oil also exerts an anti-fungal effect which is good since dandruff feeds on the yeast-like fungus present on the scalp.
Argan Oil for Sun Damage
Argan Oil was originated from the Moroccan area where women used it to protect their skin from sun damage.
Later on, one of 2013 study confirmed the antioxidants in Argan Oil makes a protective layer on the skin that prevents any type of oxidative damage caused by the free radicals from the sunlight.
The same benefits of Argan Oil can be applied to the hair where it helps prevent dryness and other damage caused by ultra-violet rays.
Argan Oil for Hair Loss
Argan Oil is the best treatment for hair against different types of damages such as dryness, sun damage, scalp treatment.
There are so many connections that point towards all these benefits eventually reduce the occurrence of male pattern baldness and alopecia (hair loss).
Argan Oil is full of Vitamin E which has the most powerful antioxidants and fatty acid that keeps the hair and scalp from both external and internal damages. This may result in less shedding or breakage of hair follicles.
Argan Oil for Styling and Coloring Damage
Washing and styling do some damage to the hair, the medium-chain fatty acids present in Argan Oil provide a protective effect against this damage.
According to the latest research about Argan Oil, the fatty acids which form a protective layer around and hair scalp are oleic acids, linoleic acid, and palmitic acid. This force to reduce breakage during the heat styling while also affects split ends.
Related: Almond Oil Benefits for Hair
How to Use Argan Oil for Hair
There are 4 main types of use of Argan Oil which one can apply at home.
How to Use Argan Oil as Hair Mask
The first step to this is you have to mix Argan Oil with any other hair loss, applying just Argan Oil to hair is normal but mixing it with hair loss has some additional benefits to it.
You can mix it with any hair oil of your choice such as coconut oil that enhances the shine of the hair or castor oil to stimulate hair growth.
- Add a few drops of essential oil, this can be any between lavender, rosemary, or peppermint which are known to reduce scalp irritation.
- Apply Argan Oil to your hair in a generous amount to every hair from roots to ends. This is the important part while applying a hair mask, not that you have to make it dripping wet but every portion of your hair shall be covered.
- Wrap a towel around your hair to avoid air contamination or oil dripping on your clothes.
- Allow the hair mask to soak into every hair follicle for around 30 minutes. If it’s about the intense results, you can keep the hair mask overnight.
- Wash it off using shampoo and apply conditioner, as usual, afterward you will feel your hair silkier and softer than before.
How to Use Argan Oil as a Scalp Treatment
Argan Oil is the best remedy for the scalp because it contains an exceeding amount of antioxidants like vitamin E. Who can use argan oil for such purposes? Well, for those men and women who are prone to itchy scalp or if the scalp skin is inflamed argan oil provides the soothing solution.
It is also used to treat dandruff, hair loss, and dry scalp which is an easier way to get proper scalp treatment. To perform scalp treatment using argan oil you may first:
- Rub few drops of Argan Oil in your palms
- Massage the oil gently on your scalp, this is done specially. You have to first divide your hair into 4 equal segments, now massage through the oil on the visible scalp region.
- This isn’t like argan oil for hair mask use, this time the oil is only applied on the scalp.
- Keep massaging Argan Oil on the scalp for 10 minutes. The result is enhanced blood circulation around the scalp that maintains oil production on the scalp.
- After keeping it for 10 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo. For intensive care, apply this treatment on your scalp every week until you see some visible changes.
How to Use Argan Oil as Hair Conditioner
Argan Oil can be used as a leave-in conditioner by following the easy steps.
- Get your hair wet using water and towel dry them.
- Apply Argan Oil on your hair, this will reduce entanglement in your hair and provide resistance during blow-drying and styling.
- After rubbing argan oil with your palms, comb your hair using your fingers so the oil will settle in as a leave-in conditioner.
- You can leave it like this or style it any way you want but make sure Argan Oil has settled to the roots of the hair
Related: 2020’s Top Hair Growth Supplements
How to Use Argan Oil as Hair Oil
Argan Oil can be used as a hair oil on dry hair. For styling purposes, argan oil is used to fight off the hair frizz and improves the shine factor.
Using argan oil as hair oil has more protective advantages against free radicals and UV rays damage.
- You need to take a few drops of argan oil and apply it to dry hair
- Comb your hair using your fingers with a gentle massage
- The hair will look glossy and shinier than before
- You can also use argan oil as a styling product to design the funky looking flyaway hair
Argan Oil is great for medium thick hair according to the experts, it is also good for curly hair. For someone who has thin or fine hair, they must use a very tiny amount of argan oil, this is because too thin hair gets too oily and eventually can’t bear the pressure and weighed down.
Find the best argan oil for hair and start using it now in the correct ways. Always remember if you have less coarse or medium thick hair, argan oil is a great remedy for various hair ailments.
Where to buy Argon Oil for hair isn’t a mystery, the retail and online market sells authentic argan oil for maximum hair, scalp, and skin benefits.